Sedation Dentistry in West Palm Beach
Relax Comfortably During Dental Treatment in a Warm, Caring Atmosphere
Are you afraid of the dentist? Luckily, thanks to the advances in modern dental technology, you no longer have to fear undergoing dental treatment. At Advanced Dental Group, we are proud to offer sedation dentistry in West Palm Beach to accommodate patients who are apprehensive about dental treatment. You no longer have to face debilitating anxiety, and the best part is with sedation, you won’t remember the procedure and even the most time-consuming dental procedures will fly by for you. Most patients who undergo sedation say they felt like the procedure was only a few minutes!
At Advanced Dental Group, we offer sedation dentistry by mouth via anti-anxiety pills, inhaled through the nose via nitrous oxide (“laughing gas”), or intravenously (IV sedation). When we schedule your dental treatments, we will discuss your sedation options and how they will affect you so that you can make the best choice.
Types of Sedation We Offer
We offer both oral conscious sedation and IV conscious sedation at Advanced Dental Group. Conscious sedation effectively helps patients relax and blocks pain sensations during your treatment. While oral sedation produces a lighter effect, IV conscious sedation is considered moderate. The main difference is that oral conscious sedation wears off more quickly than IV conscious sedation, but the flip side is that IV conscious sedation kicks in faster. Patients interested in sedation IV are also pleased to learn that the level of sedation can be adjusted during the procedure to produce partial or full memory loss of your treatment. You won’t be “knocked out” during your treatment, though, you will maintain your own breathing and remain conscious, yet in a sort of twilight sleep.
The Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Some of the benefits of sedation dentistry include:
- No fear: Dental phobias are very common, and unfortunately, those who are most fearful often avoid necessary proper dental care to keep their mouths healthy. Because these patients often need extensive restorative dental treatments, sedation is an excellent option to reduce fear and anxiety and to induce a pleasant twilight sleep so they can relax during their treatment.
- Little or no memory of your treatment: Sedation is attractive to many dental-phobic patients because they remember very few or none of the details of their dental appointment. This amnesia is a positive, especially if they have had previous traumatic dental experiences.
- Painless: Sedation minimizes any discomfort as you undergo dental care. If you’re nervous about needles, you may want to opt for nitrous oxide treatment rather than intravenous sedation, although, your dentist can help you decide which option would meet your needs.
- Safe: When sedation is administered by a licensed dentist such as our dental anesthesiologist, sedation is very safe for patients of all ages. Our dentist will monitor your oxygen level, blood pressure, and heart rate during your treatment.
- Available for all treatment: Sedation is always an option if you suffer from dental phobia. Some of the most common procedures in which patients request sedation are wisdom teeth removal, oral surgery, root canals, and extractions.
Don’t Let Dental Phobia Get the Best of You
Oral hygiene is vitally important for your overall health. If you’ve been putting off getting the treatment you need because of your anxiety, you should know that you have options. Neglecting to take action will only worsen your dental health over time. The first step is to contact our sedation dentists in West Palm Beach to discuss whether dental sedation would be the right choice for you.
Contact us at to arrange your appointment with our West Palm Best sedation dentists.